A cookie is a text file that is stored on the computer or mobile device through a Web server and only that server will be able to recover or read the content of the cookie and allow the Website to remember browsing preferences and navigate efficiently. Cookies make the interaction between the user and the website faster and easier.
How do cookies work?
Cookies can only store text, usually it is always anonymous and encrypted. No personal information will be stored in a cookie, nor can it be associated with an identified or identifiable person.
The data allows this website to maintain its information between the pages, and also to analyze the way of interacting with the website. Cookies are safe because they can only store information that was put in place by the browser, which is information that the user has entered in the browser or that is included in the page request. You can not run the code and it can not be used to access your computer. If a web page encrypts the information of the cookie, only the web page can read the information.
What types of cookies do we use?
The cookies used by this website can be distinguished according to the following criteria:
1. Types of cookies according to the entity that manages them:
Depending on the entity that manages the computer or domain from which the cookies are sent and treat the data obtained, we can distinguish:
• Own cookies: Are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the publisher and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
• Third party cookies: These are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
In the event that cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the publisher itself but the information collected by them is managed by a third party, they can not be considered as own cookies.
2. Types of cookies according to the period of time they remain activated:
Depending on the length of time that they remain activated in the terminal equipment, we can distinguish:
• Session Cookies: These are a type of cookies designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information that only interested to keep for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (eg a list of products purchased).
• Persistent cookies: These are a type of cookies in which the data is stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed during a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
3. Types of cookies according to their purpose:
Depending on the purpose for which the data obtained through cookies are processed, we can distinguish between:
• Technical cookies: are those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and the use of different options or services that exist in it, such as controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, access restricted access parts, remember the elements that make up an order, perform the purchase process of an order, make the application for registration or participation in an event, use security elements during navigation, store content for the broadcast videos or sound or share content through social networks.
• Personalization cookies: These are those that allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through which the user accesses the service, the regional configuration from where you access the service, etc.
• Analysis Cookies: These are those that allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyze the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used in the measurement of the activity of the websites, application or platform and for the elaboration of navigation profiles of the users of said sites, applications and platforms, with the purpose of introducing improvements based on the analysis of the data of use made by the users of the service.
How to manage the Cookies in their team: the Deactivation and deletion of cookies